What major climate change shifts can I expect to see within my lifetime?
- “Melting of Arctic sea-ice (about 10 years)
- Collapse of the Indian summer monsoon (about 1 year)
- Greening of the Sahara/Sahel and disruption of the West African monsoon (about 10 years)”
What if I live to the age of 90?
- “Dieback of the Amazon rainforest (about 50 years)
- Dieback of the Boreal Forest (about 50 years)”
These predicted climate change shifts and more were reported in the BBC news article Climate set for sudden shifts. The article reports:
“Many of Earth’s climate systems will undergo a series of sudden shifts this century as a result of human-induced climate change, a study suggests… The work by an international team appears in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences journal. “
In the mean time, Help solve global warming using this guide for individuals, by S. Genovese